A quality sexual life is known to benefit the heart by elevating the heart rate. This physical activity maintains the estrogen and testosterone levels balanced. When these levels are not sufficient, the risk of heart disease and osteoporosis increases. What’s more, a study showed that men who had sexual intercourse twice in a week, at least, experienced 50 percent lower risk of heart illness in comparison with those who had less sex.
- Decreases pain
Orgasms are known to block body ache by releasing a hormone which increases one’s threshold for pain. But, stimulation without an orgasm can also be helpful and it was found to suppress pain in the legs and back and women experienced relief from menstrual cramps and arthritis.
- Minimizes stress
Intimacy with your partner is known to bring relief from stress and anxiety and hugging and touching trigger the release of oxytocin, which is the “feel good” hormone. When a person is aroused, as noted in studies, the brain releases a chemical which enlivens the pleasure and reward system.
- Benefits for both genders
When men have regular sexual intercourse, they reap the following benefits:
- Reduced risk of prostate cancer
- Lower chance of prostate cancer prior to the age of 70
- 50 percent less risk of mortality
Regular sexual intercourse in women is known to contribute to:
- Enhanced bladder control
- Reduction in incontinence
- Less premenstrual and menstrual cramps
- Increased fertility
- Stronger pelvic muscles
- Higher production of vaginal lubrication
What Are the Advantages of Masturbation?
This is also a healthy, natural, and safe sexual activity during which one explores the body, induces pleasure, and reduces sexual tension. It also holds a lot of benefits for the body and mind, according to Adult Luxury research. This being said, sexual stimulation through masturbation may improve your overall health in the following ways:
- Reduces stress
- Improves sleep
- Betters the mood
- Induces relaxation
- Alleviates cramps
- Removes sexual tension
- Enhances sexual intercourse
- Helps one understand sexual needs and desires
- It is pleasurable
Useful Tips on How to Embrace and Enjoy Your Sexuality
According to the studies enjoying our sexuality and understanding its effects on our overall well-being and health significantly contributes to the quality of our sexual health. But, there are other factors that need to be taken into consideration so that one can lead a healthy and thriving sexual life:
- Knowing and respecting the sexual rights of everyone
- Having accessibility to sexual information, education, and care
- Realizing that sexuality is a natural thing
- Being capable of experiencing pleasure, intimacy, and satisfaction when we desire
- Trying to avert unplanned pregnancy and STDs
- Seeking medical help when necessary
- Communicating about our sexual health with others, whether this is our sexual partner or medical personnel
How to Boost Your Libido Naturally
Libido or one’s sex drive plays a pivotal role in one’s sex life. The desire for sexual activity depends on various biological, psychological, and social factors, like personality, stress, work, family, way of life, medications, etc. Hence, often times, people do not have a fulfilling sex life due to the lack of libido, among other things, despite being in a loving relationship. The following couple of advice offer effective solutions on how to include sex more often in your life by increasing your sex drive.
- Lower the intake of processed sugar- removing artificial sugar from your diet, especially fructose, can restore your libido naturally. This is because excessive sugar in the blood is known to suppress the gene which controls the sex hormones.
- Lead a healthier diet- a diet based on fruits, veggies, whole foods, legumes, and nuts is an excellent way to boost your sex drive.
- Exercise more often– physical activity significantly increases one’s desire for sexual intercourse. Therefore, opt for high-intensity interval training that will also better the production of the human growth hormone.
- Sufficient amount of vitamin D- absorbing adequate amounts of vitamin D from the sunrays on a daily basis will stimulate the body’s creation of vitamin D sulfate which is crucial in averting arterial plaque deposits associated with erectile dysfunction, as seen on
- Get enough rest- resting by taking afternoon naps and nighttime sleep (at least 7 hours) contributes to a higher sex drive.
- Minimize smoking and drinking– excessive smoking and alcohol intake is known to reduce one’s libido.
Final Thoughts on the Importance of a Fulfilling Sex Life
Without doubt, sexual intimacy offers a wide array of benefits in addition to the reproduction aspect. Namely, when one practices it on a more regular basis (1 to 2 times on a weekly basis), both the physical and mental health improve significantly and what’s more, we learn more about our body, desires, and personal preferences and thus, we strengthen the bond with our partners and better our overall quality of life. Of course, in order to lead an active sex life, we need to understand the basics of the meaning of sexual health and maintain an optimal sex drive by leading a healthy lifestyle as much as as possible.
What Happens to Your Body And Brain When You Orgasm: CLICK HERE
How many types of orgasm can a women have? CLICK HERE
Women and Orgasm: Facts About the Female Climax: CLICK HERE
How To Introduce Sex Toys to Your Relationship CLICK HERE
The Best Ways to Stimulate Your Partner's Clitoris CLICK HERE
Everything You Need to Know About Erogenous Zones CLICK HERE
Ways to Give a Woman Multiple Orgasms CLICK HERE
Ways For Men to Improve Sexual Performance. CLICK HERE
Health Benefits Of Sex Toys CLICK HERE
Benefits Of Sex Toys In A Relationship: CLICK HERE
How to ask and get what you want in bed: CLICK HERE
Best Selling Couples Sex Toys CLICK HERE
21 Ways to Always Keep Her Satisfied In the Bedroom CLICK HERE